Wednesday, January 27, 2010

11 Miles & Donations Rolling In

Ran 11 miles on Sunday afternoon - all - by - myself!!! Who knew I was capable of such a thing??

Weather was great, did a run from Southie all the way to Back Bay, around the Charles, through Beacon Hill/North End and back to Southie... And get this - I was comfortable the whole way. Really amazes me how quickly I've gone from running for fun/to stay in shape to hard core. Just proves we can all do anything we put our mind to :o)

Next feat - 14.5 to 16 miles... It WILL be done.

Fundraising is going well... I'm loving the random donors. Makes me realize how much support I really have in all of this. I think of everyone that has donated during my runs and I am absolutely positive they will all be with me in spirit as I cross the finish line in April. The day can't come soon enough!

To raise even more money for not only the important ALF, but also for Haiti relief, I am full force into planning a fundraising event at The Junction in South Boston, for one night in February. I've gotten a few great donations in the last 24 hours - a 3 month membership to Gold's Gym(!!), cupcakes by SweetCakes, gift cards and more!!

I'm heading to The Junction tonight to plan out details, including a date for the event... I'll keep everyone posted.

If you have anything you can donate (from your company, friends, etc.) please let me know ASAP! I'll include it in all marketing I do for the event.

As always, lots of liver love!!
Meredith

merecarlson@hotmail.com

Ps - if you want to donate money now and help me hit my $800 by Feb 8th, visit my fundraising page!!

No comments:

Post a Comment