The bad news now, is that I am still $4,400 away from my goal of $5,000! I've been brainstorming different things that I can do to raise this money, but since there is so much devastation in Haiti right now I find it difficult to ask for money to send me to the marathon, and raise money for liver disease.
To combine efforts and raise money for the American Liver Foundation, while also raising funds to assist in the recovery and rebuilding of Haiti, I am going to be holding an event that will raise money for both the American Red Cross and the American Liver Foundation... Why not raise money for two great causes at once?!
Now I just need to get started getting donations of food, raffle prizes and a few other items! The next two weeks should be interesting as I start to plan a fun and meaningful event :) (Oh, and also keep up with the running!)
I'll update the blog with details on the event and prizes/donations that I am getting... If anyone wants to donate a prize, like sports tickets, concert tickets, autographed goodies, food, ski passes, or even something more creative, please email me at merecarlson@hotmail.com.
If you want to donate directly to support my marathon, just visit http://go.liverfoundation.org/goto/meredithcarlson. Even just $5 is a big help!!
Lots of liver love,
Meredith

No comments:
Post a Comment